If you have been injured in a stairwell accident, you may be wondering what steps you should take next. Continue reading to learn the best plan of action to have following an accident that was caused due to no fault of your own. To learn more about stairwell accidents and filing a personal injury claim to recover compensation for your damages, do not hesitate to reach out to our experienced personal injury attorney today. Give our firm a call to learn more about our service and how we can assist you after sustaining injuries in an accident.
What are the most common causes of stairwell accidents?
There are many factors that can play a part in stairwell accidents. The most common causes of stairwell accidents are as follows:
- Missing steps
- Uneven spacing between steps
- Loose railings
- Poor lighting in the stairwell
- Inadequate security
- Damaged steps
What steps should I take after being injured in a stairwell accident?
After sustaining injuries in a stairwell accident, it is important to take the following steps to protect yourself and your future personal injury claim:
- Call 911. The police will bring medical assistance to the scene. They will also document the accident with a police report.
- While you wait for the ambulance to arrive, if you can, take photos and videos of the scene of your accident including any hazards that led to your accident.
- Collect any witnesses’ contact information including their name, email address, and phone number.
- Seek medical attention as soon as the ambulance arrives. Be sure to collect all documents relating to your treatment.
- Retain the services of a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer who will work to satisfy the burden of proof necessary to receive the financial compensation you require to heal.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in California?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in California is generally two years. This time period is important to understand because it means that you will have two years to take legal action from the date of your accident. Failure to do so may result in you being permanently barred from suing. To avoid this, it is best to take action as soon as possible by retaining the services of an experienced personal injury attorney. Contact our firm today to learn how we can assist you with the claims filing process. Our team will rok to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you deserve.
CONTACT OUR FIRM
When someone is wrongly injured in an accident, they often require financial compensation to heal. That’s where we come in. Contact the Law Offices of Brian J. O’Grady today to learn more about what our firm can do for you.