Supermarket Accident Attorney in Santa Clara County, CA
Going to the supermarket is more of a chore than anything else. Grocery shopping generally doesn’t make people concerned about their safety, as the biggest concern is usually just forgetting to put something on your list. The truth is, supermarket accidents happen far more often than we may realize and when they do, the results can be devastating. For over 40 years, the Law Offices of Brian J. O’Grady has proudly served injured individuals across Santa Clara County when they have been hurt in accidents caused by the negligence of others. If you were recently injured in a Santa Clara County supermarket accident, do not hesitate to contact our office today to learn how we can help.
How are supermarket accidents caused?
Contrary to popular belief, going grocery shopping can present shoppers with a wide array of potential safety hazards. This is especially true if the supermarket staff or management neglects to ensure the store and its grounds are safe for all who come and go. Though there are several causes of supermarket accidents, some of the most common include the following:
- Slip and fall accidents due to spills in aisles or restrooms left unattended
- Unstable displays
- Defective automatic entrance and exit doors
- Loose produce or items falling from shelves
- Spoiled food left for unsuspecting customers to purchase or sample
- Trip and fall accidents, often due to poorly placed (or missing) floor mats
What should I do if I am involved in a supermarket accident?
When people are involved in accidents, they are often unsure of what next steps to take. These situations can be overwhelming, so it is important to stay calm and collected to make sure you are setting yourself up for a successful case if need be. Upon being hurt in a supermarket accident, here is what you should do next:
- If the situation warrants it, call 911 so you can be transported to the hospital for the treatment and documentation of any injuries sustained in the accident.
- While waiting for the ambulance, if possible, it is essential that you inform the store’s management that the accident occurred so they are not surprised when you take legal action against them.
- If you are able to do so, take pictures of the scene of the accident and collect the contact information of anyone who may have witnessed you get hurt.
- Contact a skilled personal injury lawyer who can help you prove your claim and collect the compensation you are entitled to for the physical, emotional and financial burdens caused by the accident
Contact a Santa Clara County Supermarket Accident Attorney
For over 40 years, the Law Offices of Brian J. O’Grady has proudly represented clients across Santa Clara County when the negligence of others has caused them to become seriously injured. We understand that you may be subject to overwhelming medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and more. To learn more about whether you may be entitled to compensation, contact the Law Offices of Brian J. O’Grady today.