Whether on a crosswalk, on a sidewalk, in the street, or even in a parking lot, pedestrian accidents occur far too often in California due to drivers’ inattention. Continue reading and contact an experienced Santa Clara County pedestrian accident attorney if you have been injured in a pedestrian accident at the Law Offices of Brian J. O’Grady of Santa Clara County can support your case.
Primary Causes of California Pedestrian Accidents
The repercussions of being hit by a car can lead to severe injuries and ultimately, a long road of physical, emotional, and financial burdens. The most frequent causes of pedestrian accidents in California are as follows:
- A driver’s failure to yield.
- Distracted driving.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Driving recklessly.
- Low visibility.
- Hazardous weather conditions.
What steps should I take after a pedestrian accident?
Should you choose to take legal action, follow the below steps to ensure you file a legitimate personal injury claim:
- Call the police. They will conduct a police report and bring medical attention. Be sure to collect these documents afterward.
- Collect the personal information and insurance information of the person driving the vehicle. This should include their name, contact information, driver’s license number, insurance company name, and insurance policy number. Additionally, collect any witnesses’ contact information.
- Take photos and videos of the scene of the accident, including injuries and damages.
- Employ the assistance of our experienced Santa Clara County personal injury attorneys to help you receive the compensation you require for your injury.
Is there a statute of limitations for personal injury claims in California?
The statute of limitation for personal injury claims in California is 2 years. This means that after the date of the accident, you will have 2 years to take legal action against the negligent party. After this deadline, you will lose your opportunity to recover damages for burdens caused by the accident, such as medical expenses, lost wages, and emotional distress.
CONTACT OUR SANTA CLARA COUNTY FIRM
When someone is wrongly injured in an accident, they often require financial compensation to heal. That’s where we come in. Contact the Law Offices of Brian J. O’Grady today to learn more about what our firm can do for you.