Car accidents occur often, and many of these cases go to trial. But, if you have been involved in a car accident, it is possible that you don’t remember all of the details. Additionally, you and the other driver may have conflicting opinions on how exactly the accident occurred. In cases like this, you may need the help of an accident reconstruction expert. Retaining the help of an expert can help you recover the compensation you deserve. If you have been injured due to another party’s negligence in a car accident in California, read on to learn more.
What is Accident Reconstruction?
Accident reconstruction is performed by an expert in order to determine how an accident was caused and what occurred during the crash. This can be done by:
- Visiting the scene of the accident
- Inspecting the damage done to all vehicles
- Reviewing any medical records of injured parties
- Studying the police report
- Examining pictures/videos of the accident/scene
- Interviewing witnesses
- Studying debris, point of impact, skid marks, etc
Do I Need a Car Accident Reconstruction?
Not every car accident case needs car accident reconstruction. You may benefit from car accident reconstruction if:
- You do not remember how the accident happened
- There are few or no witnesses
- The vehicles are totaled and cannot be repaired
- It is complicated to prove liability
- Victims suffered severe injuries or died
- Pieces of important evidence are missing
How Can Accident Reconstruction Help My Case?
Car accident reconstruction may help your case in a number of important ways. It may help you determine:
- The vehicle speeds and movements
- The crash scene physics
- The accident sequence of events
- The vehicle positions
- The magnitude of impact
- If those involved were wearing seat belts
- If visibility was an issue and why
- If vehicle lights were used
- Steering angles
- If brakes were used leading up to the crash
- If a vehicle accelerated before collision
- If engine indicator lights went on
- If cruise control was engaged
Determining these factors can help provide proof of fault, aiding you in your personal injury claim.
If you have been injured in a car accident in California, contact our firm to speak with an experienced and dedicated personal injury attorney.
CONTACT OUR FIRM
When someone is wrongly injured in an accident, they often require financial compensation to heal. That’s where we come in. Contact the Law Offices of Brian J. O’Grady today to learn more about what our firm can do for you.