Car accidents happen every day. Unfortunately, many are not prepared with the steps they should take immediately after being involved in an accident. It is best to have a plan in place for a situation such as this. Continue reading and reach out to our experienced personal injury attorney to learn the steps you should take after being injured in a car accident in California. Our firm is prepared to fight for your right to compensation. Give us a call today to discuss your accident.
What are the most common causes of car accidents in California?
The most common causes of car accidents are typically led by human error and negligence. The following are the most common negligent behaviors to cause accidents behind the wheel:
- Distracted driving
- Disregarding road signs
- Failure to yield
- Texting while driving
- Driving while under the influence
- Using a mobile device while driving
What steps should I take after being injured in a car accident?
Take the following steps after being injured in a car accident to set yourself up for a successful personal injury claim:
- Alert the police. They will document the accident by conducting a police report.
- The police will also bring medical attention to the scene.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible. Collect all medical documentation relating to your treatment.
- Collect any witnesses’ contact information.
- Take photos of the scene of the accident. This should include photos of the damage to vehicles and property.
- Take photos of your injuries.
- Collect the other driver’s insurance information. Keep your conversation with them short and polite. Avoid apologizing for being involved in the accident. This will avoid admitting any fault in the incident.
- Retain the services of an experienced personal injury attorney who will fight for your right to compensation.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury car accident claims in California?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims is generally two years in California. This means that you will have two years from the date of your accident to file your personal injury claim. It is important to bring attention to your claim as soon as possible to avoid being barred from suing. To take action as soon as possible, reach out to our experienced personal injury attorney today to discuss your next steps. Our firm is prepared to fight for your rights in court. We want each of our clients to get back to their lives as soon as possible.
CONTACT OUR FIRM
When someone is wrongly injured in an accident, they often require financial compensation to heal. That’s where we come in. Contact the Law Offices of Brian J. O’Grady today to learn more about what our firm can do for you.