Believe it or not, accidents happen in grocery stores often. Though going grocery shopping often feels mundane, it is possible for individuals to sustain severe injuries in a slip and fall accident at the supermarket. To learn more about grocery store accidents and the steps to take following the accident, continue reading and reach out to our dedicated California personal injury attorney. Our firm is prepared to assist you with your upcoming claim. Give us a call today to get started.
What are the most common causes of grocery store accidents?
There are various reasons for grocery store accidents to occur. The most common causes of grocery store accidents are as follows:
- Unstable displays
- Poorly placed or missing floor mats
- Spills in aisles or restrooms left unattended
- Loose produce or items falling from shelves
- Defective automatic entrance and exit doors
What steps should I take after being injured in a grocery store accident?
It is important to have a plan after you have been injured in a grocery store accident. Take the following steps while you are still at the scene of the accident:
- Call the police so that they can bring medical attention to the scene to treat your injuries. Seek immediate medical treatment. The police will also be able to document the accident by conducting a police report.
- Alert the store’s management so that they can file a report. Collect a copy of this report.
- Photograph the scene of the accident.
- Collect the contact information of any witnesses including their name, email address, and phone number.
- Contact an experienced personal injury attorney. Your attorney will work to recover further evidence to support your claim. They will fight to prove your claim by satisfying the burden of proof.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in California?
It is important that you file your claim within the statute of limitations in California. For personal injury claims, the statute of limitations is generally two years from the date of your accident in California. This means that you will have two years from the date of your accident to bring attention to your claim. To get started with this process as soon as possible, do not hesitate to reach out to our experienced personal injury attorney who will work to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you require to heal. The sooner you can bring attention to your claim, the better.
CONTACT OUR FIRM
When someone is wrongly injured in an accident, they often require financial compensation to heal. That’s where we come in. Contact the Law Offices of Brian J. O’Grady today to learn more about what our firm can do for you.