There are many factors that can play a part in parking lot accidents. These accidents can lead to serious, life-altering injuries that may require compensation in a personal injury claim. Continue reading to discover the steps you should take following a parking lot accident to protect yourself and your future. If you have been injured in a parking lot accident due to no fault of your own, you may be eligible for financial compensation. Give our firm a call today to learn how we can assist you in the claims filing process. We want our clients to get back to their lives. Contact our firm today to get started.
What are the most common causes of parking lot accidents?
The most common causes of parking lot accidents are as follows:
- Standing water
- Inadequate security
- Insufficient parking lot lights
- Failure to remove weather-related hazards
What steps should I take following a parking lot accident?
To protect yourself and to set yourself up for a successful personal injury claim, there are a few important steps that you should take after being injured in a parking lot accident:
- Call the authorities. The police will bring an ambulance to the scene of the accident and conduct a police report to document the accident.
- While you wait for the ambulance to arrive, if you can, take photos of your injuries and the scene of your accidents including any damage to vehicles or property and any hazards that may have played a part in your incident.
- Collect any witnesses ‘ contact information including their name, email address, and phone number.
- Seek medical attention as soon as the ambulance arrives. It is important that you seek medical treatment even if you do not immediately feel symptoms of an injury.
- Collect all documentation relating to your medical treatment. These documents should state the following information: the date, time, and severity of your injuries.
- Reach out to an experienced personal injury lawyer who will work to recover the compensation you deserve. Your attorney will obtain further evidence to support your claim such as security camera footage of the accident.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in California?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims is typically two years in California. This means that you will have two years from the date of your parking lot accident to take legal action against the negligent party who is responsible for your accident. It is important that you take legal action within this period of time to avoid being permanently barred from suing. To bring attention to your claim as soon as possible, contact our firm today to learn how we can assist you.
CONTACT OUR FIRM
When someone is wrongly injured in an accident, they often require financial compensation to heal. That’s where we come in. Contact the Law Offices of Brian J. O’Grady today to learn more about what our firm can do for you.