You should not have to think about being injured in an accident as you check into a hotel. However, hotel accidents occur often when negligent management and staff are involved.
If you have been injured in a hotel accident due to no fault of your own, it is important that you retain the services of an experienced Santa Clara County personal injury attorney. You are likely eligible to recover compensation by filing a personal injury claim. To learn more about this process and how you can increase your chances of filing a valid claim, continue reading and contact our firm.
How do hotel accidents occur?
There are many amenities in most hotels. This includes spas, pools, gyms, restaurants, and more. If these amenities are not properly maintained, accidents can occur. The following accidents can occur in a hotel:
- Swimming pool accidents
- Food poisoning
- Stairwell accidents
- Elevator/escalator accidents
- Inadequate security
- Defective equipment
- Unsanitary conditions
- Unsafe buildings and walkways
What steps should I take after a hotel accident?
You may be entitled to recover compensation if you have been injured in a hotel accident due to another party’s negligence. To recover this compensation, take the following steps:
- Alert the authorities of your accident and request any necessary medical assistance. The police will document the accident by conducting a police report.
- You should also alert the management of the hotel so that they can file an incident report.
- Photograph the scene of the accident and your injuries. Be sure to take photos of the hazards that led to your accident.
- If there were any witnesses to your accident, collect their contact information including their name, phone number, and email address.
- As soon as the ambulance arrives, seek immediate medical attention.
- Collect all medical documentation relating to your treatment. These documents should state the date, time, and severity of your injuries.
- Retain the service of an experienced Santa Clara County personal injury attorney who will work to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you deserve.
- Be sure to file your claim on time. The statute of limitations for personal injury claims is generally two years. Reach out to an attorney to bring attention to your claim within two years from the date of your hotel accident.
Contact our firm today to learn more about our services and how we can assist you after being injured in a hotel accident in California. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
CONTACT OUR FIRM
When someone is wrongly injured in an accident, they often require financial compensation to heal. That’s where we come in. Contact the Law Offices of Brian J. O’Grady today to learn more about what our firm can do for you.