If you have been injured in a car accident due to no fault of your own, you are likely looking to recover financial compensation in a personal injury claim. To learn how you can increase your chances of filing s successful claim, continue reading. For assistance with your upcoming claim, do not hesitate to contact our Santa Clara County car accident attorneys. Here are some questions you may have after being injured in a car accident:
What are the most common causes of car accidents in California?
The most common causes of car accidents are typically forms of driver negligence, including the following:
- Failure to yield
- Texting while driving
- Distracted driving
- Driving while under the influence
- Disregarding road signs
- Using a mobile device while driving
What steps should I take after being injured in a car accident?
It is important to have a plan after being injured in a car accident. The following steps will increase your chances of filing a successful claim:
- Alert the authorities. The police will document the accident by conducting a police report. They will also bring medication attention to the scene.
- As you wait for the police and ambulance to arrive, if you can, collect any witnesses’ contact information.
- Collect the other driver’s insurance information.
- Photograph the scene of the accident including any damage to vehicles or property.
- Take photos of your injuries.
- Once the ambulance arrives, seek medical attention immediately.
- Collect all medical documentation relating to your treatment.
- Retain the services of a knowledgeable Santa Clara Couty personal injury attorney who will fight for your right to compensation.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury car accident claims in California?
The statute of limitations refers to the timeframe you will have after your accident to file a claim. In California, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is generally two years.
This means that you will have two years from the date of your accident to bring attention to your personal injury claim. The sooner you can take action, the better. This is because if you fail to file your claim within this timeframe, you could risk being permanently time-barred from suing. To take action as soon as possible, reach out to our experienced personal injury attorney. Our firm is prepared to work toward the compensation you require to heal. Give our firm a call today to schedule your initial consultation with our legal team. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
CONTACT OUR FIRM
When someone is wrongly injured in an accident, they often require financial compensation to heal. That’s where we come in. Contact the Law Offices of Brian J. O’Grady today to learn more about what our firm can do for you.